Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Biskit Atkins Oct. 1, 2003-Aug. 17, 2009

We have lost our sweet baby dog this week. Biskit passed on Monday. Elijah started middle school and he died. It was a very emotional day for everyone. He went everywhere with us and he was loved as much as one of my children. He slept with me every night. He apparently had a mass or tumor of some sort in his stomach/chest area and it had grown to where he could no longer breathe and he had a heart attack and died on our way to the vet. I have lost many friends in my life but this is the hardest death I have ever had to deal with. I cry every night because I feel him following me , I forget not to fill his water bowl and I can't put his toys or blankets away. Elijah can't even discuss it without out crying and neither can I. It is much easier to write it. We got him around Christmas when Elijah was 6. I had wanted one and we happened to pass a sign on the way to my moms house that said "Boston Terriers for sale". We stopped and Biskit ran right up to Brian. Needless to say we took him home. We have enjoyed every minute of joy he has brought and he was taken much too soon. He has been through much happiness and all of the hard times we have endured. I have told God already that he may pee on his couch if he doesn't watch him, but he is lucky to have him now. I am sure this won't be the last Boston for our house but we are not yet accustomed to daily life without him. We are having him cremated and placed in an urn so we can take him with us wherever we go. I couldn't bare the thought of burying him and then moving someday and leaving him behind. Dogs see only the good in people and ask nothing of us but to be loved and taken care of. They make life happier and are always there to lick your face when things aren't going so well. Thanks to everyone who has played with, bought toys for, and petted our Biskit. We are beside ourself with grief so keep us in your prayers for speedy healing.
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robyn,Brian & family
I loved biskit dog too.I will miss him.I have never been so attached to an animal.It is hard for me,shane &amanda to believe he is gone.Your tribute to him is so sweet.

I believe it is on wvlt tv that they are having a dog days of summer series.Maybe you should consider sending in a picture of biskit.
Betty

Amanda said...

Brian, Robyn, Elijah & Zane.
Biskit was a sweet soul & he had a bigger than life personality.

He was fortunate to have all of you in his life, and I know you feel the same way about him. He knew he was loved. Robyn, when Mittens died I felt her presence around me as well. I don't think the people/pets we love ever truly leave us.

All of you have been in my thoughts.

Amanda