Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Unfortunately, my grandmother, my moms mom passed away at the age of 93. She lived a good, long life. My mother has taken care of her for the last 17 years since we moved her up from Sarasota, Florida. She passed peacefully in her sleep after having a good day. She has spent the last year in a assisted living after falling and hurting herself. But she enjoyed her room and her friends and caretakers there. When you lose a loved one that close you start to be really thankful for the time that you have with your other ones. I am glad that my boys have the opportunity to spend years with their Nanny being so close. Their life is richer and their character stronger just by being with her and I know she cherishes each day she has with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robyn,
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. My condolences to you and your family. The pics are too cute and I really appreciate your keeping me in the loop. You have adorable boys, and all the kids are cute!Looking forward to seeing you again-hopefully soon. Love ya'.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Robyn,
Please tell your Mom I'm thinking
about her if I can do anything for her let me know.
Pictures are very cute.
grand-ma-ma